Please note that the following information is for Italian facilities only. If you would like to sign up from abroad (EU or Extra-EU) additional authorisations from the Italian Legislative Body are required. Contact us for further information at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are a Foreign Facility and want to apply just for a tissue request, please see the attachment below (ALL.24-PO-04 BTM FOREIGN POLICY – REV.0)
Why sign up?
The demand for femoral heads in regional orthopaedic surgery is particularly high. The main supplier for the Musculoskeletal Tissue Bank is currently the Rizzoli Orthopaedic Institute.
It would be extremely difficult for us to satisfy all the demands with the sole procurements of bone tissue from live donors from the wards of the Institute. A wider contribution is, therefore, necessary and more ethical.
Facilities that sign up for the exchange of musculoskeletal tissue receive a price reduction, compared to the national fare, as compensation for the organisational management of the procurement of femoral heads. Such reduction is defined within the contract according to the number of femoral heads that the facility can provide to us. It is also applicable to all tissues.
The Musculoskeletal Tissue Bank at the Rizzoli Orthopaedic Institute (BTM IOR), being the reference point of the Emilia-Romagna Region, can supply all the signed-up facilities with all the necessary organisational assistance.
Advantages of signing up with us
- Full reimbursement of the expenses for managing the procurement of tissues
- Reduction in price for all the tissues you are going to request
- A higher number of femoral heads ready for validation and distribution, allowing us to satisfy the demand within the set time limit
- Optimisation of our resources
How to Sign up
For every company, public or private medical facility, and regional or extra-regional care home, it is possible to sign a contract with us for musculoskeletal tissue exchange.
In compliance with the current legislation, as well as the national fare for tissue exchange, applied to all musculoskeletal tissue banks, you can tailor your contract with us in accordance with your specific requirements, which we will do our best to meet.
It is also possible to sign a contract with us regarding just the processing of musculoskeletal tissue or other specific services.
A contract between us and another medical facility set outside of the Emilia-Romagna Region is possible by the following criteria:
- In case there is no other Regional Tissue Bank of reference, and the facility wants to start a musculoskeletal tissue exchange from live donors.
- In case there is no other Regional Tissue Bank of reference, and the facility wants to start a musculoskeletal tissue exchange from cadaver donors.
Contact us via email at email@example.com if you would like to sign up and for any additional information.